Monday, February 2, 2009

I've seen this around the blogs a bit lately, so thought I'd add my experience about my first child

1. Were you married at the time? Yes

2. What were your reactions when you found out you were pregnant? Very excited

3. How old were you? 24

4. How did you find out? I did a pregnancy test at home. The line was very faint so I thought it was negative (and I had some spotting, so thought I couldn't be pregnant, I was getting my period). Then I realised it wasn't my period so went to the doctor and this time the line on the pregnancy test was very bright!

5. Who did you tell first? Hubby of course :)

6. Did you want to find out the sex? I hate surprises, but we decided not to find out.

8. Did you deliver late or on time? Exactly on the due date.

9. Did you have morning sickness? I just felt hung over all day long - like the headache without the party!

10. What did you crave? I craved chocolate milkshakes and foccaccias from Bakers Delight with the mushrooms on top. Also Mexican food.

11. Who/what irritated you the most? Looking back, I wish I knew more about breast feeding. I was told it was natural and easy - well, I DON'T THINK SO!!

12. What was your first child's sex? Boy

13. How many pounds did you gain throughout pregnancy? I did not own a set of scales and I told my ob from the beginning that I wasn't standing on scales unless I started to look really unhealthy :)

14. Did you have any complications during pregnancy? No

15. Where did you give birth? Private hospital.

16. How many hours were you in labor? From the first 'show' to delivery it was 8 hours

17. Who drove you to the hospital? My hubby drove me - it was approx 6.30am on a Sunday morning.

18. Who watched? My hubby, a midwife and the obstetrician were there (although being the weekend it was another ob)

19. Was it natural or c-section? Totally natural.

20. Did you take medication to ease the pain? No pain killers what so ever!

21. How much did your child weigh? 8lbs 6oz

22. Did your child have any complications? He had to have suction because of meconian (sp?)

23. Why did you choose his name? My hubby wanted Ethan, but I just couldn't do it, didn't like it. So, I won in the end and said I wanted to name him Harrison. Obviously I lost out second time around though LOL

24. How old is your first born today? He is 8 next week. How time flies...

2 comments:

Aussie TM5 Thermomixer said...

good to see you doing the baby quiz Kerry! NO painkillers whatsoever - wowser, good onya, I couldn't do it lol...

Aussie TM5 Thermomixer said...

Hey Kerry, just me again to let you know I've left a little challenge for you on my blog so go check it out ;)