Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Our trip to Cairns

We went to Cairns on the 16th Jan and came home on the 21st. It was soooo hot up there, I came home with heat exhaustion - stomach cramps and almost passing out. I put it down to lack of water and feeding Kaleb quite a lot. I think that will be my last visit to Cairns in summer lol
The best part of the trip for me was going to Sugar World. There are 4 large water slides and then a few play pools for the kids. Don't be fooled by this pic of HG. By the end of the day he was sliding down the Flying Fox on his own (it even scared the crapper out of me). Anyway, it was the only day I didn't have cramps and nausea as I felt cool and had a great time with my kids as well as our neice and nephew.
This is Kaleb at Sugar World. He is such a water baby - he thinks he can do just about anything - love him to bits mwah xx

Ethan wasn't too keen on the slides. I took him down once and then once more for good measure but he still wasn't sure, so he was then happy to play in the smaller pools!

One of the days we went into Cairns and along the waterfront they have this massive fountain/playground. It is fantastic. We took our kids and Mikayla and they had a fab time. Also went into Cairns central and had some sushi for lunch - yummy!!

Nathan and Mikayla had just come back from an around the world trip with their parents (lucky ducks) and here are a few of the hats they bought along the way. The kids all got along so well, it's nice to have cousins - pity they live so far away, but I guess it makes it more fun when we all catch up.





3 comments:

Tammy said...

What a gorgeous family you have!!

Tammy said...

What a gorgeous family you have!!

Scrapbooking 4 Less said...

Great pics from you Holiday.

Take Care,
Shelley
www.scrapbooking4less.com.au
Check out our Forum!