Sunday, December 28, 2008

RIP Romeo

Two days before Christmas my mum found our dog of 11 years beside her car. She thought at first he was sleeping, however, he had died in his sleep. I thank God he died in his sleep and we didn't have to make any decisions or take him to the vet. We knew he hadn't been well, but he had been on anti biotics and he seemed to be getting a little better. Well, he knew his time was up and he died peacefully at home. I'm so grateful for that! I'm also grateful none of the kids found him, that would have been devestating! We called Ali to come home because he is a big dog. He took the two older boys down to say good bye to Romy, to see that he was at peace and no longer in any pain. They were really sad and we had bought tickets on line to go to the movies. I decided we would still do that, to try and make them smile. Poor Kaleb still walks around saying 'woof woof'. I find that really sad, but Scott and Chrissie bought a new puppy 'Sparky' at the beginning of the month, so Í'm hoping he is looking for him. So RIP Romeo, you were a fantastic, loyal dog and we all loved you.

On a happier note, it's happy birthday to my little brother Scott today - so HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!! We had cake this morning and then I offered to mind their little boy so they could go out together. What a nice sis I am LOL

Only 2 more sleeps to the party of the year - our NEW YEARS EVE party - bring it on!!!!!

2 comments:

Aussie TM5 Thermomixer said...

Oh Kerry, I'm sorry to hear about Romeo. It's just so sad when you lose a pet but know that he is now at peace xx

EverydayRamblings365 said...

So sorry to hear about Romy! Big hugs to you all! xoxo